You GUYS. This morning I made such an awesome smoothie. I just HAD to share right away.
We recently got a Sprouts Farmer’s Market near my apartment. And this weekend I snagged a bag of frozen sliced rhubarb to add to my smoothies. I LOVE a good strawberry rhubarb combo, so of course I figured the first smoothie I’d try is a strawberry rhubarb pie smoothie.
And it. is. so. good.
It tastes just like your favorite tart pie dessert.
I have no idea if other stores carry frozen rhubarb but I’m going to keep my eyes out. Either way, it’s almost rhubarb season. So if you can’t get your hands on store-bought rhubarb and you want to give this a try, slice and freeze your own rhubarb!
- 2/3 C frozen strawberries
- 1/3 C frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 t honey*
- 1/4 t imitation butter extract
- 1 T almond butter
- Blend everything together.
- * You may want to omit the honey first and give your smoothie a taste. Just add the honey for sweetness if it's too tart without it.
Okay friends, that’s all I have for you today! Happy hump day.